CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Happy NEW Year!

Well I want to begin by saying HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone! I hope 2011 brings great things for everyone. We have been doing well here in FL. Our family had a great Christmas and are now off and running on 2011 and hoping this year brings great things to our family as well. 2010 was an up and down year for us and I am hoping for better things in 2011.

So - first off our Christmas was a good one. My parents flew in on December 21st and stayed till the 27th. It was a nice visit and great to see them. Unfortunately, my Mom had a decent cold that kind of brought her down, but she still had fun and enjoyed seeing the kiddos. Christmas morning brought lots of gifts for the kids under the tree. It was fun seeing them open them and the excitement on their faces - ahhh the magic of Christmas. I think Christmas will be an awesome time in our family for awhile with all the kiddos!

On December 24th my little boy Mason turned 4!! I can't believe he is 4 already. Time FLIES. We had his birthday party on Dec 10th at Backyard Adventures and it was truly a SUCCESS. He had his 4 year old check-up on Tuesday and he is healthy as a horse HA HA. He weighs 39 lbs and is 41 inches tall. Puts him in 70% for weight and 60% for height. He did great identifying colors, letters, and shapes for the doctor and answered all her questions perfectly!

So - here are the plans and goals for 2011 that we have planned.

#1) Grow Dave's business and obtain more steady customers. He had a rough November and December, but that is always the slow time for many businesses so we are hoping January has more work! It's tough when you are self-employed when jobs are down, but we have good things on the horizon so we are hoping for the best.

#2) Lose WEIGHT! Dave & I are both on a diet and are really going to try to stick with it. My company is having a "Biggest Loser" competition at work which helps with motivation. The girls in my office are participating as well so lunch is soooo much easier with less temptation! We weighed in on Monday AM and so far I'm down 5 lbs WAHOO!

#3) Exercise! We upped Mason's Y membership to a family membership. Tonight Dave is going to use the machines and Melissa and I are going to try Zumba class. And yes - I will be the one in the back row hoping to not look like a fool! haha. I'm excited though. And the nice thing about the YMCA is they have kid care for free while you work out! So Dave & I can both go and not have to hire a babysitter - BONUS!

#4) Get Tanner to WALK! Hopefully this one will be accomplished in the next 2 months. He has the strength to do it, but I believe lacks confidence to take those first steps. We have been working hard on this. People have to remember though - that we did have triplets who were 8 weeks EARLY. Development issues may pop up here and there for the babies, we just work on them, and hopefully conquer them one by one! If he doesn't walk in a month or so - we will have to have Early Steps come and do some therapy with him, but let's hope that it won't come down to that.

I guess that's about it for now - I will post some pictures soon! I promise. Everyone is growing SOOO fast!

0 comments:

Post a Comment